For the students by the students

Parcells Post

Snapchat Blocked

Katherine Justice, author

Have you heard rumors about Snapchat being blocked from the school wifi? Well if you have then you are correct because it was just recently passed to block Snapchat from the school wifi. If Snapchat hasn’t been working for you in school, this is the reason. They don’t want us to be on it because we could take pictures of others (look at my other article about pictures at school to hear more) and they blocked it altogether. I am not sure if the school realizes that we can just use our data and that Snapchat doesn’t use that much and they have no way of actually stopping us from using it, so I don’t get the point. Why put a firewall on something that kids really like to have and use throughout school when it can entertain us? There was recently an update that has school stories and it is when anyone that wants to in the school can post anything they want on the school story called Parcells. I think that this was a very stupid idea because that means everyone who is in it based on location, can say or post whatever they want for the whole school to see.  I feel that this is one of the many reasons that they put the firewall for Snapchat with the school wifi. Personally I left the group that had the story because it was causing people to get suspended and many other things. I very much disagree with this rule but it is understandable why the school might do this.