For the students by the students

Parcells Post

Weapons at Parcells

Katherine Justice, author

Have you ever heard that people have brought weapons into Parcells? Well, if you have, it is most likely a rumor or an honest mistake. In the past several years, there have been students that have had this unfortunate mistake happen to them.  I don’t know any specific stories about anyone in particular, but I do know about some events that have occurred in Parcells before and the consequences for them.  In most incidents that have happened over time, nobody was harmed and nothing meant to be a weapon for most cases.  You could have just been thinking to bring it in for a project or a joke or many other reasons, but there can be many mistakes made and still the same punishment.

I feel that this rule is a very good rule but I think if there is proof that it is an honest mistake, not just a kid saying it is, then there should be an after school detention or an alternative punishment other than a suspension.  Even if it is a food project for school, you still can’t bring knives to cut things or anything of the sort.  I believe the punishments from having evidence that it was a mistake to bringing it in on purpose trying to harm others or yourself because they are completely different situations. If it is a mistake and they know it is maybe instead of the same punishment between a true accident and actually trying to harm someone.