For the students by the students

Parcells Post

Manchester Bombing

Joey Cahill

On May 22, 2017 at 10:30 p.m. a bomb went off during an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, United Kingdom. I woke up around 7 in the morning and went online to look at the news and saw the headline “Suicide Bomber Killed 22 During Concert.” A man identified as Salman Abedi killed 22 and injured 55 in the foyer of the Manchester Arena where the concert was taking place. Many of the victims have been identified; most were teens or parents coming to pick up their kids. One victim was an eight-year-old girl coming with her parents to pick up her sister. Another victim was two parents, both killed. Some good has come out of this awful tragedy. Taxi drivers offered free drives home and people that lived in the area sent out tweets saying that anyone who needed to could spend the night at their house. Ariana Grande tweeted out after the attack “broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.” She has also offered to pay for the victims funerals. Also, some fake news has spread around saying she was hurt in the attack, but this is not true. She is fine and the picture that was circulating is a picture of her from a 2015 film set. France turned off the Eiffel Tower in honor of the victims. I know no one who was in Manchester, but I would recommend staying out of big cities for a little while. Stay safe.