For the students by the students

Parcells Post

How Does Chevrolet Make Their Cars Appeal to Different Age Groups?

Sophia Graham, Editor

A world without advertisements might sound like a dream come true to many, but many companies heavily depend on ads to sell their product. Without advertisement, brands would have no way for the general public to find out about new items and goods. That’s where social media and advertising executives, such as Emily Weaver, come in. She assists the Chevrolet company by finding companies to partner with for ads, and hires people to write scripts and shoot commercials that will eventually air on TV or social media.
Ms. Weaver explained how Chevrolet uses certain techniques to appeal to certain groups of people. If they’re targeting millennials, they’ll display ads on social media, such as Instagram or Snapchat, and make sure to emphasize the low price of their vehicles. If they’re targeting new parents or parents of teenagers who drive, they’ll stress the safety of their cars. To showcase this example, Ms. Weaver showed us a commercial where parents watched videos of their children driving, and then found out about Chevrolet’s feature where parents can check up on exactly how their kids are driving. By using smart advertising techniques such as these, Chevrolet inspires more people to buy from their company—and their company only.